Monday, April 30, 2007

Jeremiah 50: 17-20

17Israel is a scattered flock that lions have chased away. The first to devour him was the king of Assyria; the last to crush his bones was Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon.

18Therefore this is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says:

I will punish the king of Babylon and his land as I punished the king of Assyria.

19 But I will bring Israel back to his own pasture and he will graze on Carmel and Bashan; his appetite will be satisfied on the hills of Ephraim and Gilead.

20 In those days, at that time, declares the LORD, search will be made for Israel's guilt, but there will be none, and for the sins of Judah, but none will be found, for I will forgive the remnant I spare.

(New International Version)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A continuation of the "Good Shepherd" word from yesterday. There is so much here about forgiveness and redemption. - LWM